Head of Technology - Delivery & Production
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £42,768.00 - £56,801.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance and Annual Leave
This is a Permanent Full-Time role for 37.5 hours per week. This role is fully remote, but regular travel within UK will be part of the role.
This role leads RSPB’s Technology Delivery and Production team, which consists of Programme Managers, Project Managers, Scrum Masters and Project Management Office Managers that manage the delivery of key technical projects, act as an interface between technology and business stakeholders, support the delivery and benefits realisation of the RSPB Technology Portfolio meeting the brand values and business strategy.
This role by its nature requires an individual who is from a digital delivery background with a strong understanding of delivery methodologies including waterfall but with a strong focus on bringing agile to the organisation. It requires someone who is emotionally intelligent to negotiate working with strong stakeholders and the various teams.
This role is a senior level role and has come about as a result of a reorganisation of our IT function. This is an exciting time to join the RSPB, we handle all our work in-house and this is a great opportunity to manage a team whilst being within a full cycle IT team.
- Own the D&P methodologies (waterfall & agile) and define delivery governance and strategy,
- Promote and expand the appropriate agile project management framework,
- Mentor teams and stakeholders in best practice delivery and agile process,
- Work with key stakeholders to agree on success criteria for digital solutions and the adoption of working practices,
- Promotes and enforces business outcomes value against delivery effort and prioritisation tools for an extensive change backlog,
- Work with the PMO to resource approved roadmap initiatives/projects,
- Ensures a clear process for monitoring and measuring the impact/effectiveness of the team,
- Resource, manage and develop a team to deliver agreed targets - including succession plans for key individuals.
The first 5 criteria are the most pertinent
- Background of delivery across multiple methodologies at Programme Manager/Director level,
- Achieved a level of seniority and success that gives you credibility as a role model and leader,
- Exceptional planning and process experience,
- Experience of SAFe, Agile and traditional project management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them according to the needs of the project,
- Senior-level communication skills
- Ability to quickly gain and demonstrate and good understanding of RSPB’s brand values and business strategy, with the ability to inspire trust and confidence in key stakeholders,
- Experienced in effective supplier management and negotiation,
- Track record of project leadership across business functions and with multiple stakeholders,
- Pro-active and solution-focused,
- Has delivered projects in a digital marketing environment and IT and demonstrates technical awareness across solutions/channels.
- Proven track record in project and programme delivery including strong Agile, establishing best practice, mentoring teams and stakeholders,
- In-depth understanding of Agile and its relationship to project governance and controls,
- In-depth experience of core project and programme management frameworks (MSP, Prince 2, APM, Agile and SAFe),
- Demonstrable experience of prioritisation techniques,
- Ability to present and effectively communicate agile delivery processes to others ensuring processes are followed and refined as part of our continuous improvement.
Closing date: 23:59, Sun, 9th Oct 2022
Interviews are scheduled for Tuesday 18th October and Wednesday 19th October.
Shortlisting will take place w/c 10th October and all invited applicants will be notified asap.
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
As part of this application process you will be asked to complete a short application and also attach your CV. We also ask that you address the essential criteria in a covering letter and tell us why you are the best person for this important role.
This is the second time we have advertised this position and we ask that previous applicants DO NOT apply.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.