Calling all European Citizen Scientists and Project Coordinators!

Hi Citizen Science members! 

I was forwarded this survey and thought it might be of interest to some of you. I'm interested to see what comes back from the survey, let me know below if you have any thoughts or feedback! 

Dear European Citizen Science Community, dear Citizen Science Supporters,

Please help us understand the European Citizen Science landscape by providing information about your citizen science project or funding schemes.

We have seen a wide range of citizen science projects across disciplines at the First International ECSA conference in Berlin this year. We would very much like to get a deeper and more comprehensive understanding of citizen science in Europe by exploring this growing and vibrant community.

We hope you can support our activities to map citizen science activities in Europe by completing the survey by November 7th.

https://lamapoll.de/Citizen_Science

The survey is especially designed for citizen science project coordinators as well as organisations funding citizen science.

Please feel free to forward this link to colleagues or supporters involved in citizen science.

Here are some further information:

We are conducting this survey to inform the development of citizen science indicators and to provide a first evidence base for the development of the Open Science Monitor of the European Commission, and as follow-up of the successful First International ECSA conference. The survey is being carried out within the context of a research project that has received funding from the European Commission and aims to monitor Open Science trends in Europe and to set up an Open Science Monitor. The results will be distributed among all participants, if indicated, and may possibly be displayed on European Commission websites at a later stage.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleague Lisa Garbe in case of any queries ([email protected])

Thank you for your support!

Best regards

Susanne Hecker

Research Associate / Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin

German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv) Halle-Jena-Leipzig

JessieOliver's picture