BirdLife International is seeking a Data Analyst to join their Information Management team in the Global Secretariat. The Data Analyst will work with them to define, develop, and support the information systems, reports, and dashboards related to all aspects of the BirdLife data journey. Applications are due May 22, 2019.
Location: Cambridge, UK
Contract: 12 Month Fixed term contract, 35 hours per week (full time)
Salary: £28,000 to £31,000 Per Annum
Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata in year 1
Application deadline: Wednesday, 22. May 2019 - 23:45
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
The Data Analyst we seek will utilise skills in SQL database systems and possess experience with relevant software in order to build robust and accurate systems. In addition to this, they will analyse and interrogate data using the Word Database of Key Biodiversity Areas (WDKBA). They will also provide commentary analysis whilst demonstrating high levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
The ideal candidate will have
• A working knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
• Demonstrable experience of data manipulation either in a previous role or as an extensive part of an academic qualification
• Experience in compiling data from multiple sources, data cleaning and checking
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to present to internal colleagues at all levels
• BSc (or higher) in Computer Science, GIS, Geography or equivalent relevant work experience in an IT related discipline
• The right to work in the UK
• An interest in nature conservation would be an advantage
See the full job description for more details.
Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to the recruitment team.
If you're interested in this role, join our Data Science group to connect with peers in our community.