The Bat Conservation Trust is hosting a one-day conference exploring conservation and technology for all wildlife (not just bats!) at the University of Nottingham this fall. The conference will bring together wildlife conservationists, ecological consultants, researchers, and technology experts to network and share their knowledge, products, and techniques.
When: Friday, 6 September 2019
Where: University of Nottingham, UK
Cost: £100 for non-members, £95 for members. See registration links for more details.
Booking is open!
- Booking here for Conservation and Technology Conference only
- Book here for both Conservation and Technology Conference + National Bat Conference
We are having periodic issues with the booking software, if this affects you please try again later or phone 020 7820 7169. Apologies for any inconvenience.
The focus will be to showcase new technologies, new applications of existing technologies, and new developments in best practice.
We are delighted to announce that the keynote speaker will be Professor Kate Jones, Chair of Ecology and Diversity at UCL.
Talks topics include:
- Satellite remote sensing
- Advancing conservation tech for better environmental management
- MOTUS - automated radio telemetry
- Thermal imaging for human-wildlife conflict
- Geospatial data collection project platform
- Vance Russell, Ecosulis
- Dr. Natalie Pettorelli, Institute of Zoology
- Dr. Adham Ashton-Butt, BTO, and Ewan Parsons, Norfolk Bat Group
- Alasdair Davies, Arribada Initiative
- Dr. Andrew Buxton, ARC & University of Kent, and Dr. Naomi Ewald, Freshwater Habitats Trust
- Dave Kilbey, Coreo
There will also be a panel discussion on the responsible use of technology.
- The programme will begin at 9:30am and finish at 5:00pm. Refreshments and lunch are provided.
- For anyone in the area or staying for the National Bat Conference 2019, there will be an optional evening bat walk and the Bat Worker's Forum.
If you have any questions, please contact Naomi Webster, Training and Conferences Manager.
Sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities
There are opportunities to sponsor the conference and showcase your products at the exhibition. Learn more here.