WILDAID is hiring a Marine Enforcement Sensor Specialist in a part time capacity. The applicant should have an engineering degree, five years experience using technology tools including but not limited to UAVs, radar and AIS and enforcement experience. It is preferred the applicant is US-based.
- Design enforcement systems for near shore fisheries and protected areas using appropriate technology: radar, cameras, AIS, VMS, among other potential sensors
- Develop detailed budgets for building out of systems i.e. electrical requirements, infrastructure requirements (tower height/materials), equipment, accessories, installation as well as training costs
- Research and write up site assessments
- Oversee on-site installation, operation and maintenance of these systems
- Draft operating protocols for the operation and maintenance of these systems
- Train in-country officers to operate and maintain technology
- Liaise with corporations for piloting innovative technologies and troubleshooting
- Other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in coastal surveillance using radar, cameras, AIS, VMS, UAVs among others
- Hands on experience with the design and roll-out of electronic monitoring systems, preferably in the developing world
- Program management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible with ability to problem solve creatively
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must take initiative and have a strong work ethic
- Working proficiency in second language: Spanish, French or Bahasa.
- Experience working in and/or living in developing countries
- Fisheries enforcement experience
- Willingness to travel extensively up to a few weeks at a time
- Working relationship with key vendors
- Preferably US-based
This is currently a part-time position. Compensation commensurate with experience. Personal factors such as your demonstrated hard and soft skills, level of education, history in the sector or industry, and relevant work experience will all be evaluated.
Please send a detailed cover letter with desired day rate and resume by email, with Marine Enforcement Sensor Specialist in the subject line, (no letters, calls, faxes, or drop-ins) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to high applicant volume you may not receive a response from WildAid.