The WILDLABS Tech Tutors are back for all new season of in-depth walkthroughs, deep discussions on effective, impactful, and inclusive conservation technology project strategies, and - of course- even more answers to your biggest questions about getting started with new tools!
Join us on Thursday, September 23rd at 11 AM ET/4 PM BST for our Community Call panel discussion with Ted Schmitt and Jes Lefcourt of the Allen Institute for AI and our own Talia Speaker, who will discuss the question, "How is the pandemic shaping conservation technology?" In this session, we'll learn about the findings of their WILDLABS-supported research on how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted conservation tech work and what this means for the future.
(Header image: Felipe Vallejo/Equilibrio Azul)
About the Series
Welcome to the third season of WILDLABS Tech Tutors, the virtual series that answers the "how do I do that?" questions of conservation tech. Brought to you with the support of Microsoft AI for Earth, Tech Tutors is made for conservation tech beginners of all knowledge levels (and yes, even experts can still be beginners when it comes to tackling a new aspect of conservation tech or starting a new project.). Our Tech Tutors will give you the bite-sized, easy-to-understand building blocks you'll need to try new conservation technology, enhance your research, DIY a project for the first time, or simply explore new possibilities.
Taking place every Thursday, each Tech Tutor will present a 30 minute tutorial guiding you through an aspect of conservation tech, followed by a 30 minute live Q&A session with the audience.
What do you gain as a Tech Tutors participant? You'll leave each episode with the confidence to build on the skills discussed in these tutorials, and you'll have an ongoing opportunity to learn and collaborate with other members of the WILDLABS community! The connections made through the past seasons of Tech Tutors have led to real projects and results, and our third season is set to introduce you to even more new ideas and community members who are ready to start something new!
Can't make it to an episode this season? Don't worry! You can find every tutorial after it airs on our Youtube channel, and you can collaborate and ask questions in each episode's thread on the WILDLABS Tech Tutors forum.
Tech Tutors Season 3
Registration links for each episode will go live on Tuesdays, two weeks before that episode airs. Join our email list here to get an alerts when registration goes live for each tutorial. Otherwise, keep an eye on this list for updated registration links, or watch the WILDLABS homepage for updates and resources from each presenter.
- Marcella Kelly: How do I choose the right camera trap(s) based on interests, goals, and species? | Recording available
- Siyu Yang: How do I get started with Megadetector?| Recording available
- Nicole Flores: How do I get started with Wildlife Insights? | Recording available
- Doug Clark, Laure Joanny, Trishant Simlai, and Koustubh Sharma: How do I use conservation tech ethically? |Recording available
- WILDLABS Community Call: Programme updates, SOCT research results, and our new Fellowship Programme | Aug 12 |Recording available
- Kyler Abernathy: How do I use animal-borne imaging technology in marine and terrestrial environments? | Aug 26 Recording available
- Lily Xu: How do I use AI to fight wildlife crime? | Sept 2 Recording available
- Alasdair Davies: How do I use satellite IoT to track wildlife & monitor remote equipment? | Sept 9
- Christine Wilkinson: How do I get started with participatory mapping? | Sept 16 Recording coming soon
- WILDLABS Community Call: How is the pandemic shaping conservation technology? | Sept 23 Register now
- Meredith Palmer: How do I support capacity building efforts in conservation tech? | Oct 7
- Jamie Macaulay: How do I analyze large acoustic datasets using PAMGuard? | Oct 14
- Arnaud Lyet: How do I use eDNA in large-scale monitoring of terrestrial mammals? | Oct 21
- Lola Fatoyinbo: How do I create maps of land cover changes and assess accuracy? | Oct 28
- WILDLABS Community Call: Meet the WILDLABS Fellows; Looking ahead to 2022 | Nov 4
Join the Tech Tutors community for more discussions and resources!