Job posting: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/bay-area-environmental-research-institute-63898dc8/postdoctoral-researcher-95b75367?placement_id=37796&auto-apply=1&lvk=6vxuEkDu9lOis4vMCWJZrw.--Mab2TTGF-
The Bay Area Environmental Research (BAER) Institute, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization focused on enabling and conducting research in Earth and space science, is seeking a Research Scientist for the NASA Ames Earth Science Division with experience in wildlife tracking, movement ecology, satellite remote sensing, and participatory research planning. This position is located with the NASA Earth Exchange (NEX) at NASA Ames Research Center and the incumbent will work closely with the U.S. Geological Survey’s Western Ecological Research Center (WERC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research relevant to the USGS and NASA in the fields of wildlife tracking, satellite remote sensing, and ecology.
- Become integrated into the Internet of Animals activity, a project of Satellite Needs Working Group.
- Become familiar with the technologies developed by NASA and others for wildlife telemetry.
- Participate as a member of the science team for small satellite mission architecture studies.
- Participate in the writing of new proposals
- Develop their research program.
- Ph.D. degree in Earth science, ecology, or a related field.
- At least one year of experience in a scientific or research organization.
- At least one year of experience with wildlife biotelemetry
- Experience in wildlife tracking, remote sensing, and/or their integration with scientific modeling, e.g., statistical and agent- or individual-based modeling.
- A record of independent research and publications.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work well with others on a team.